The Wright Edge custom artisanal woodworking specializes in uniquely gorgeous furnishing and breathtaking art. This Dallas, Texas company had an unusual start. Owner and master craftsman Doc Wright earned a Geology degree with a minor in Chemistry from Texas Tech University and was hired as an oil-industry geologist shortly after graduating. He worked with drilling engineers and helped execute drilling operations. The job required a demanding travel schedule: He’d travel and work for two straight weeks, then have one week off. In order to relax and fill his time during his off-weeks, he took up custom woodworking. Read the Entropy Resins article to learn how Doc transformed his hobby into a career, builds custom furniture with sustainably sourced materials, and lets the wood do the talking.
- The Wright Edge’s Master Craftsman & Woodworker, Doc Wright – InJoy Success Podcast
- Making Something From Nothing: Doc Wright Of The Wright Edge On How To Go From Idea To Launch
- Meet Doc Wright, The Woodworking Industry’s Most Talked About Man
- SPECIAL EDITION Market Leader Live: Darren M. Palmer Interviews Doc Wright
- Doc Guest Appears on the Craft Hangout Podcast